Accident and Emergency department provides care for patients who may have an urgent need for medical, surgical or other care, twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
We are responsible for the initial stabilization and treatment for common conditions in the following areas:
- Dedicated asthmatic treatment area
- Renal/ Urological
- Obstetric (pregnancy-related) complications
- Trauma and non-trauma surgical conditions
- Geriatric associated complaints
The Accident and Emergency department may also provide services for:
- Patients returning for further care/ assessment (reviews).
- Patients waiting to be admitted to a ward.
- The initial management of critical care and ventilated patients
- Patients abandoned in the ED requiring assisted living services
- First medical response team to mass casualties and disasters